Great Gifts for Traveling
- Barnes & Noble Nook Color – Although “people-watching” is arguably one of my favorite pastimes, the Nook is a much better way to kill time in the airport. The Nook is a fresh take on the eReader form factor with its 7-inch LCD color touchscreen and over 2 million book and magazine titles to choose from, built in WiFi, games and music.
Photo via Barnes & Noble
- Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi – You can’t go wrong with a Kindle. For only $139, this third generation, ARM11 based Kindle has built in Wi-Fi, a no-glare screen and enhanced PDF reader. If you’re only using it to read books, one battery charge will last an entire month! Now you can even “gift” Kindle books.
- Samsung Galaxy S Smartphone – This smartphone has been earning great reviews worldwide. It offers faster typing capability with the “Swype” feature, over 50,000 Android Market app options, a vibrant super AMOLED screen and HD video, powered by a 1GHz CPU. On an environmentally-friendly note, 40% of the phone’s plastic exterior is biodegradable :)
Samsung Galaxy S
- HTC Evo 4G – With a 4.3 inch screen, built in GPS navigation, an 8 megapixel camera and HD video recording, the Evo 4G has combined all of the gadgets you like to travel with into one very smart mobile device. Runs on a 1 GHz processor with Android 2.1.
Photo via HTC
- DeLorme Earthmate PN-60W with SPOT Satellite Communicator – For all of the super-adventurous (…or directionally-challenged) individuals in your life, this GPS device is a great gift to find and track your routes all over the world via satellite. It even works on the Summit of Mount Everest!
Do all of your frequently traveling friends a favor and give them something they can enjoy at home and on the road.
Stick around for the last installment of my gift list, coming soon.
Cara Forsythe, Digital Marketing, ARM. Although she's fairly new to the tech scene, Cara is on a fast track to becoming a full-fledged tech geek and couldn’t be happier about it. Cara enjoys working at ARM where she is able to utilize her interests in digital media, innovative gadgets and the latest technologies to gain a wide perspective on the fascinating and evolving world of technology.
0 Comments On This Entry
Please log in above to add a comment or register for an account
Fortune Brainstorm Green
on May 13 2013 10:58 AM
Moonshot - a shot in the ARM for the 21st century data center
on Apr 09 2013 01:22 PM
Bringing the Benefits of the Smartphone to Pay-TV
on Mar 14 2013 05:34 PM
2013 - A Lucky Year For All Smartphone Consumers
on Mar 13 2013 06:58 PM
Internet of You at Mobile World Congress with M2M, Sensors and LTE
on Mar 12 2013 02:44 PM